Given By: Yearly by the current ASEE/EDGD Chair
Complete List of Awardees
The Chair’s Award recognizes the outstanding paper delivered at the ASEE Annual Meeting.
- Paper must be orally presented at a session hosted or co-hosted by the EDGD.
- Paper must be published in the proceedings of the annual conference or distributed at the session.
- Each session moderator will collect all distributed papers and forward them to the Division Chair.
- All papers satisfying the first two requirements will automatically be considered for the award.
The Chair will identify all eligible papers from a list made available by the Annual Meeting Program Chair and request the EDGD Director of Publications print adequate copies from the electronic proceedings in a document arranged in the order the papers were presented at the conference. The Chair will convene a panel of at least three (3) reviewers from the membership of The Division and distribute the papers to the panel. This panel will rank the papers on three criteria:
- Significance-lasting impact on the teaching, learning, or study of Graphics.
- Scholarship-the level of research, testing, validation, and inference involved in preparing the paper or its findings.
- Authorship-the craft of writing, illustrating, and elaborating the technical information contained in the paper.
The paper with the lowest numerical ranking will be deemed the outstanding paper.
The award will be a framed citation and cash award.
The Chair will notify the awardee by mail no later than September 30th following the Annual Meeting. Additionally, notice of the award will be published in the Winter Issue of the Journal and announced at the following Midyear Meeting.