The Engineering Design Graphics Division exists to coordinate and promote interests and activities that pertain to engineering graphics, design and education. The Division serves its members by:
- Providing leadership and guidance for those engaged in the teaching and application of graphics in engineering, design and technology.
- Investigating the evolution and impact of computer graphics on engineering design graphics and informing its membership of current and future trends.
- Promoting and developing ideas and providing opportunities for professional dialogue among the membership.
- Maintaining liaison with industry, government, and other professional societies.
- Hear from some current members about the benefits of joining.
Messages from the Chair
- Fall 2018 Message from the Chair
- Spring 2018 Message from the Chair
- Winter 2018 Message from the Chair
- Fall 2017 Message from the Chair
- Winter 2017 Message from the Chair
- Fall 2016 Message from the Chair
- Spring 2016 Message from the Chair
- Fall 2015 Message from the Chair
- Winter 2014 Message from the Chair
Members of the Division may participate in the work of numerous divisional committees to advance teaching, study and research in all areas of technical and engineering graphics.
The EDGD encourages the teaching of graphics and its application to problem solving using the medium of student design projects.
The EDGD also sponsors or co-sponsors workshops and short courses in areas which broaden the skill and knowledge of those engaged in the teaching of design and graphics.
The Engineering Design Graphics Division (EDGD) was founded in 1928 and is the oldest division within The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).